Emergency Medical Technician
In order to process your application for the position of EMT – Ambulance Operator, your completed, electronically signed Employment Application must be submitted along with verification you have the documents described below.
- California Driver’s License
- California Ambulance Driver’s Certificate (within 30 days of employment)
- California EMT Certificate
- A DMV H-4/K-4 3-year printout (no more than 30-days old) which contains all reportable information: convictions for 3, 7, or 10 years, departmental actions, and accidents on driving record and indicates acceptable status for driving ambulances, demonstrating the applicants ability to meet the Driver Underwriting Guidelines issued by EAS’s insurance carrier – i.e. Meets age profile; No at-fault accidents or violations that would preclude an applicant from driving, etc…
- CPR Card (Health Care Provider – AHA or Red Cross)
- ICS-100 – Introduction to Incident Command System Course Completion Certificate
- ICS-200 – ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents Course Completion Certificate
- ICS-700 – National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) An Introduction – Training Course Completion Certificate
- Orange County Ambulance Driver/Attendant License
NOTE: Copies of your certifications should only be brought into the business office if you are contacted to take a written examination or are invited for an interview. The written examination will not be issued to you unless you bring ALL of the highlighted certifications in on the day of the exam. The same applies with the interview. No interview will be granted without the certifications.